Macedonia Church Cemetery
Many travelers have pulled off the side of the road to visit this small cemetery located on Campbellton Redwine Road, 0.3 miles south of Camps Ferry Rd.
Locals say this is the Macedonia Church Cemetery and that the African America church was a one-room building located on the other side of the road.
According to residents who were volunteer fire fighters at the time, the church, and a two-story building next to it, had caught fire more than once. But the last time the fire bell rang, fire fighters were sent to the wrong location. By the time they arrived at the Macedonia Church, it had burned to the ground. They recall that this was in the 1980s.
There are 21 gravesites with inscriptions dating from 1910 to 1992, and approximately 25 fieldstones that could be gravesites. Several of the inscribed gravesites do not have tombstones but are marked with small metal markers with typed information inserted.