Rivertown United Methodist Cemetery
The Rivertown United Methodist Church Cemetery is located on Rivertown Rd, about 1/8 mile north of Campbellton Redwine/Cedar Grove Rd.
The cemetery’s location is at the site of the first wood constructed church. The first deed was recorded in 1887 and the name of the church was Pleasant Hill Methodist Church. The congregation met at this location until May 1977, when it moved into its new church building at 9325 Rivertown Rd.
The cemetery has approximately 70-80 grave sites and is still in use by the church. The oldest inscribed grave marker is 1931, the newest is 2018.
The Rivertown United Methodist Church and its cemetery has historical significance for the city of Chattahoochee Hills, as it is only one of two African American churches still active.