New Hope United Methodist Church Cemetery
|
New Hope United Methodist Church Cemetery is located across Atlanta Newnan Road from the church at 7875 Atlanta Newnan Road, about three-quarters of a mile north of Hutcheson Ferry Road.
When the church was established in 1843, its members built a log meeting house on this site. That original building served the congregation until 1858, when it was replaced by a larger frame church nearby. The cemetery has quietly grown alongside the church for more than 170 years. The oldest legibly marked gravestone dates to 1851 and is located in the cemetery's north section, along with 105 marked and unmarked grave sites. After the congregation moved across the road to the present sanctuary in 1936–1937, the cemetery expanded into its south section, bringing the cemetery to 199 recorded grave sites as of July 2026. |