Bryant Family Cemetery
The Bryant Family Cemetery is located on private property, approximately 1.3 miles from the intersection of Campbellton Redwine Rd and Hamilton Rd. The cemetery is on top of the small hill to the west of a dirt road.
There are 26 markers that have been identified as possible gravesites. Four are tombstones with the following inscriptions: Elijah L. Bryant, Jefferson D. Bryant, G.W. Ballard, and Joshua Ballard. The other markers are small field stones.
Chattahoochee Hills resident Kenneth Bryant was born on the property in the 1940s in a log cabin built by his father Ballard Bryant. Kenneth’s grandfather Jake Bryant also lived on the property and ran the local “Jakes Fish Camp” on the banks of the Chattahoochee River.
There is extensive genealogy recorded on the Bryant and Ballard families (see Genealogy). The Bryant line goes back to William Bryant (about 1757-1833) & Mary Ann "Polly" Barnett (about 1770-1860) who had eight children: (those underlined are buried in this cemetery): Austin, Elizabeth (m. Joshua Ballard [s. George W. Ballard]), Elijah, John, George W. (s. Jefferson D. Bryant), Sarah (m. Levi Cook), James Bluford, and William, Jr.