Friendship Baptist Church Cemetery
Friendship Baptist Church is located at 6090 Cochran Mill Rd, approximately 0.3 miles north of Rivertown Rd. The church does not have records that give the exact date when it was first organized, but according to a deed dated November 4, 1880, four acres of land were deeded to build a permanent church building and a graveyard. The cemetery is located behind the church.
The first person buried in the Friendship Cemetery was Frank Hattaway. He was accidently killed while hauling logs with a yoke of oxen that ran away. Though his grave is unmarked, it is known to be one of four box tombs in the cemetery.
Friendship Baptist Church Cemetery was surveyed on April 20, 1980, by Nancy and Kim Cornell. The survey was published in Georgia Genealogical Survey by Nancy Jones Cornell in 1981 and is available at the Old Campbell Historical Society.
The Cemetery was surveyed again on December 2, 1999, by the church, and on April 7, 2003 in a survey prepared by McLain Surveying.
All surveys were used as a baseline to create an updated cemetery map and tombstone list for this project. Surveys and the introduction about Friendship Baptist Church were provided by Betty Ann Hargis.